What to Know When You Apply
- An online application will be available on this page beginning April 1;
- Applications are due May 1;
- We will make our final decisions based on the criteria you see on this page by June;
- We will fund projects between $1,000-$50,000;
- Gifts will be made in the form of general operating funds.
What We Fund
SAS will make gifts that meet these criteria:
- Organizations and movements using an anti-racism lens in their work;
- Work that is grounded in leadership development and community organizing;
- Organizing that is happening in deep partnership with other communities and groups;
- Organizing that is building progressive community power;
- Minnesota-based organizing.
What We're Excited About
While we won't require the following, we will prioritize funding work that is:
- Led by communities of color;
- Happening in rural communities;
- Taking an intersectional approach to the work;
- Creating structures that hold and support multi-racial, multi-generational, or statewide partnerships and alignments;
- Civic engagement that integrates education and organizing;
- Organizing that understands and addresses the current political climate while working towards long-term movement building.